Friday, November 26, 2010

Classroom Decoration Makes a Difference

I couldn't imagine a classroom without anything on the walls.  I couldn't imagine a classroom without any colorful decorations.  I couldn't imagine a classroom without any excitement!  You wouldn't decorate your house without anything on the walls or colorful decorations.  A classroom should be inviting for students.  It should be a place they are excited to come to.  When teachers change the decorations and bulletin boards frequently, it brings excitement to the room and energy to the students.  Students need this energy.  It helps motivate them to learn.  They need to feel comfortable in that classroom because that is where they spend most of their time.  Motivating quotes in the room are also beneficial for the students to stay on track when they get frustrated or confused with school and/or life.  There are so many different ways to make a classroom visually pleasing.  It does truly make a difference!

1 comment:

  1. Decorations can really add to a room in the right way. As a preschool teacher I make sure that decorations are kid appropriate and at their eye level. I even have one wall that is dedicated to student created artwork that they create themselves from the art and writing center. The students like to talk about what is hung up in the classroom and how it goes along with what we are learning in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete