Saturday, November 13, 2010

Administration can be rated too

There a suggestions that teachers should be rated based on student test scores.  If this is how teachers are to be evaluated fairly, which I do not agree with, then how are administrators to be evaluated?  The support of administration is very important to the teachers of a school.  I believe that if a teacher is rated low based on test scores, the administration must also be evaluated before just deeming that teacher as a poor educator.  Has anyone heard of the way administration is to be evaluated under this system?

1 comment:

  1. I know under NCLB, administrators are evaluated in the sense that if a school consistently fails to make AYP, then the administration at that school is changed. It's one of the steps under the phases of the program. I would say that they are being evaluated, but I thinka administrators should be evaluated yearly just like teachers are. You could have the teachers evaluate the administrators, along with input from the superintendent.

    ReplyDelete